Social Media Workshop featuring Ernest Barbaric
Name: Social Media Workshop featuring Ernest Barbaric
Date: April 25, 2017
Time: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM MDT
Registration: Sorry, online registration for this event has been closed. Please call 403-527-5214 to register.
The Medicine Hat & District Chamber of Commerce in partnership with Medicine Hat College and Community Futures Entre-Corp are proud to present the long-awaited Social Media for Business conference featuring renowned Digital Marketing Strategist, Ernest Barbaric and special guest Crystal Decnodder.
Ernest Barbaric is a trusted authority on digital and social media marketing. His work has been featured in Forbes, Canadian Business, USA Today, Financial Post, Mashable, and Social Media Today amongst others.
Crystal DeCnodder is the founder of both InkPlot & Social Digital a social media and digital marketing agency and now SocialBulls! Crystal's company InkPlot and partner company, Full Blast Creative, work with non-profits, emerging business groups, tourism/recreational organizations and technology/startup companies to help share their unique stories and develop their online presence.
In today's tough economy, businesses are finding they need - now, more than ever - to turn to the cost-effective option of social media to engage customers, increase their brand recognition and sustain their businesses.
The trouble is that social media marketing can seem overwhelming, be time consuming, and prove an impractical solution if business owners aren't taught the key social media marketing principles they'll learn in this entertaining and educational one day conference.
Attendees will learn how to build a practical social media presence, and use social media to:
- Learn how to leverage social media to grow their business
- Build trust and increase awareness of their services
- Develop a social media marketing strategy
- Implement specific tools and techniques to improve their marketing
9:15 - 10:00 am
- Current trends in social media marketing & how to prepare for them
- Examples of B2B and B2C space & their success rate
- Social media practices to avoid & their impact on your business
10:00 am - 11:30 am
- Social media management tools & best practices
- Facebook and Twitter advertising tools & best practices
- How to manage your own social media marketing
12:30 - 2:00 pm
- Setting social media goals and objectives
- How to select the ideal social media channels
- Which metrics should you consider, and where to get them
- A simple content idea generation framework
2:00 - 3:00 pm
Lunch and light snacks throughout the day will be provided.
Reminder to attendees: Parking at the Medicine Hat College is $4, and exact change is required if paying in cash at the machines. Daily Parking passes can also be purchased at the Bookstore (just inside the Main Entrance).